Hello friends, users & critics of MobiKwik.com
You may have noticed something is different on our website www.MobiKwik.com.Â If you haven’t already, go check out the site.Â MobiKwik now sports an all new good looking (thats what we think) website. The new site is fresh, its clean and yeah its light!
A few weeks back we started thinking about redesigning our site with a few goals in mind:
1. The site should make life easy for our new and existing users. Yes we at MobiKwik are focused big time on customer experience, which of course includes user experience and usability. We wanted to ensure that our users had a happy experience while using our website. Â This meant cleaning up things, simplifying flows and clearer messaging.
2. The site should be faster to load and use; very critical keeping in mind the user base on non-broadband connections. The number of people on dialup slow-bandwidth connections is of course very high in India and we needed to ensure we made MobiKwik work for them.
3. The site should look cool, contemporary and in keeping with the quality aspirations of MobiKwik and its users. In a pure design sense, we wanted to have aesthetics that were pleasing yet did not sacrifice user experience for the sake of pleasing design.
4. The site should be complaint with W3C web specifications so that its accessible to web users worldwide.
5. The site should be optimized for a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 since 90% of our users have a resolution greater than or equal to 1024 x 768. Our old site design was optimized for 800 x 600.
All of this was of course not very easy, we churned through as many site designs as UI designers. Ultimately, we decided we knew what we wanted best and evolved the design to its current stage. We did a design trial run by making it live on our blog awhile ago, which of course was much easier than restyling each page, frame and pixel of our site.
MobiKwik.com celebrated its 1st birthday on August 14th and to celebrate it we decided to gift all our users with a newly styled look! Thanks to all our users for standing by us as MobiKwik grew from an infant startup in to a young company.
Keep using Mobikwik, and do leave us comments. Tell us what you like and what you don’t like about our new design.Follow Us on: