Our customers have been demanding DTH Recharge for some time and though we could possibly have made it available earlier, we chose to wait. The reason is that we wanted to see how multiple different product efforts at mobikwik.com ( app store, gadget store) are panning out and then have them released in some orderly, non-chaotic fashion. However, yesterday my patience for process ran out once again. ( yes, we can still get away with it :)).
Yesterday night, I spent a few hours hacking our code and after about 5 hours, made DTH online recharge live today. Â What better day than Ganesh Chaturthi to start some thing new! It isn’t the cleanest UI yet, but it works.( I tested it out on my own Tata Sky connection). We support Dish TV, Tata Sky, Videocon D2H, Big TV, Sun TV and Airtel-DTH.
So, what do you need to recharge your DTH online?
1) Enter SubscriberID/Virtual Card Number as applicable in the field of Mobile Number.
2) Enter Amount to recharge ( we accept all amounts that are accepted your DTH provider)
3) Click on Recharge Now ( after adding mobikwik balance, if you don’t have sufficient for recharge).
4) Voila, you are done. ( except for Airtel-DTH *)
* Airtel-DTH that we have currently recharges via 16 digit PIN which we provide when you click on Recharge Now. You need to call Airtel customer care at 18001028080 and provide them the PIN to confirm the recharge.
Prior to this, you should have gone to My Account and added a new DTH Subscriber ID/V.C. number with appropriate service provider.
We are working somewhat on the UI front (replacing Mobile Number mostly with Mobile/Card No.) and more suggestions are welcome.
Let us know if you find a bug, we will fix it as soon as you report!Follow Us on: