As a follow up to my post earlier on mobikwik’s open recharge API, let me clarify why Mobikwik offers the biggest bang for your buck when it comes to mobile recharge
1) We do *not* charge any integration fees unlike other providers.
2) Our API is ultra simple compared to API of other providers.
3) We also support recharge through SMS. This means your retailer can recharge using a local SMS , no internet required.
4) As a channel seller, it gives you an option of getting local advertisers on board to get extra revenue. In other words, mobikwik can send SMS advertisements on your behalf whenever any customer uses your recharge service.
Google Adwords urgently needs a better payment gateway in India. They are using Times Direcpay which has taken Adwords payments from my bank account and others and not yet credited it to Adwords. I made another payment and even that is not credited. More users are reporting the same issue.
Many online merchants like mobikwik rely on google adwords to get new users everyday. But issues like above make me wish there was a reasonable alternative. ( No, Bing and Yahoo paid search are both a joke. On Yahoo, I have to dial a number to get in touch with a sale rep just to get started. Did anyone tell them its 21st century, 2nd decade? Bing is better but their ad format is funny. )
Why don’t we all send a “Get Well Soon” e-card to Google Adwords India? But wait, there is no contact ( email/phone/anything) info to get in touch with a Google support rep for anything. I faced the same issue of a faceless Google when mobikwik hosted accounts were disabled with no warning and took more than 1.5 months to get re-enabled.
Google needs to understand that Customer Support cannot be automated. Help Forums are not a substitute for customer service.
Update : As of 13 Jan 10 am, my payments have been credited yet I got a reply from the google adwords contact asking me to send the reference number for my payments so he can address the issue. Looks like folks inside Google are out of Sync with one another.
Now, you can download Mobile Recharge API from the API tab above.
There are two documents : API.doc which gives details of the the http based API and mapping.xls which maps the operators and circles to specific ID’s.
This is the first time in India that mobile recharge API is available for free. And openly.
The API can be used to develop applications for social networks like facebook and twitter or to create your own mobile recharge site or contests where you can sponsor free talk time.
We finally have the big daddy of all features which everyone has been eagerly waiting for. Though mobile recharge through internet is convenient, imagine the luxury of being able to recharge on the go with a simple SMS. This is what Mobikwik has brought for you.
1) You need to be a mobikwik user.
2) No minimum balance requirement.
3) Only registered numbers can be recharged. (Primary and Add-On).
4) Recharge SMS can only be sent by primary user.
5) SMS Recharge is completely free – you only pay for normal SMS.
SMS Format :
For example, to recharge 9999925342 with Rs 50 I send the following SMS
RC 50 9999925342
Our Long Code : 9711981981
Normal SMS charges apply . ( based on your SMS plan)
For more, have a look.