Its barely been two weeks since we announced the Mobikwik Mobile App for Java phones, and as we promised in the last post, we are here to announce the launch of the Android app.
- An Android phone, running Android 2.1 (Eclair) or greater.
- You must have a working Internet/Data connection on the phone, it can be GPRS/EDGE/3G or WiFi.
- Your phone must allow installation of non-Market apps (To enable this, go to Settings >> Application Settings >> Tick the ‘Unknown Sources’ option).
How To Install
Point the browser on your Android phone to www.mobikwik.com/app OR scan the following QR code using a barcode scanner or Google Goggles.
Click the link for Android phones.
The app should start downloading in the background.
- When the download is done, pull down the notification bar and tap on the ‘Download completed’ notification to start the installation procedure.
- The installation procedure should start, just follow the steps to complete the installation.
For Advanced Users
If you want to download the .apk file to your computer and then transfer it to your Android phone via Bluetooth or USB cable or WiFi, then you can get the .apk file here.
Why Isn’t the Mobikwik App Available on the Android Market?
Please note that similar to the Java ME version of the app, this Android app too is in very early testing stages, and includes limited functionality. It does not support making payments right now. We would like you to help us in testing this app and make it better by your feedback. Once we feel that the app has enough polish and stability, we will release it on a bigger scale on the official Android market.