“What you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.”— Goethe
I have been running Mobikwik for more than 3 years now. For the first 1 year, I ran it all alone. For the second year, we had one employee. In Year 3, we have 25. And Growing.
For those not in the knows,
“Mobikwik is building a consumer wallet for India’s 900 million mobile subscribers”
Exactly a year ago, we were in some sense part of the entire 2012 End of the World Prophecy. We were in an adjacent market dominated by venture funded companies which had raised millions of dollars. These companies were (and still are ) spending insane ad dollars to buy new customers and create brand loyalty. Anyone with any sense of venture ecosystem had written us off as also-rans. A very popular ‘Startup Guru’ and Angel Investor told me on the phone – “Your competitor ( whose founder I know very well) has 100 zillion times your users and traffic -how will you survive?”.
And this is how we did in 2012. We pivoted our business model. We grew 10 times on traffic uniques, 15 times on GMV and about 20 times on Gross Revenues. With no VC money. Nil Advertising. Some time during middle of the year we crossed the 1 million user mark. We launched an Android App which clocked 200K downloads in 4 months.
A snapshot from Alexa:
An Android User had this to say – You can’t make this stuff up!
***** Awesom application
Thanks mobikwick.nw days my GF not getting angry coz of late recharg…
In 2013, say NO to all the naysayers. Be Inspired and Stay that way. Good Things Happen to Those who Believe.
Happy New Year!
Valentine’s Day is coming up, how well prepared are you?
Some of us have lived through enough Valentine’s to know what to do and what not to do. For some, this is the first Valentine’s day when they have a special person in their life to celebrate with.
Depending on what stage you are in your relationship, here are some quick tips to woo your special someone on Valentine’s Day:
You are married to the love of your life and want to go on a romantic vacation. MobiKwik has something for you – make a payment of any amount on MobiKwik and get a Cleartrip discount coupon worth Rs 2000/- applicable on all flight and hotel bookings.
You are going to meet her for a movie and dinner date. Make sure you choose a good romantic comedy and a restaurant you both like. Guys & Gals – Dont forget to buy some flowers! We have something for you – make a payment of any amount on MobiKwik and get a Rs 200/- discount coupon on flowernferns.com and a 15% discount coupon on fernsnpetals.com.
Its still a new romance. You are still on the phone conversations stage, she wont be able to meet you in person. Make sure you have enough balance on your Mobile so you can have long romantic conversations on 14th Feb! Recharge your girlfriend or boyfriend’s number as a gesture of your new found love. MobiKwik allows you to add 20 mobile numbers to your MobiKwik account. Keep money in your MobiKwik balance so you can recharge your lover’s phone whenever you want!
Thats it people! With a little bit of planning, make your 2012 Valentine’s Day wonderful
Edit : Cleartrip.com is offering cashback upto Rs 2000 which includes Rs 500 off on domestic flight, Rs 750 off on international flights and Rs 750 off on hotels. For example, if you travel within India and stay in a hotel and make the booking via cleartrip.com , you would get Rs 500 + 750 = Rs 1250 off. Similarly, if you were flying internationally and staying in a hotel, you get Rs 750 + Rs 750 = Rs 1500 off.
HDFC Online Recharge at mobikwik.com allows user to recharge his/her prepaid mobile by using HDFC netbanking account through one of our payment gateways.
HDFC Bank is one of the first major banks to introduce prepaid mobile recharge as a value added service. It also made sense from a user’s perspective because he/she could just login to HDFC account and recharge mobile by entering 10 digit mobile number and the amount. While HDFC mobile recharge has been quite successful, there are issues which have cropped up due to which users now prefer mobikwik.com.
So, here are the 5 reasons why hdfc online recharge works better at mobikwik.com than at HDFC bank itself :
1) Mobikwik.com e-wallet allows users to recharge via SMS , via Dial Recharge or via mobile recharge application for Java/Android phones. HDFC online recharge does not support any of these methods.
2) Mobikwik.com shows all the denominations (or amounts) of all operators for hdfc online recharge via our search pages. At HDFC bank, you have to enter the amount yourself.
3) At Mobikwik.com, if you entered wrong denomination or wrong mobile number , mobile recharge will not be successful and your mobikwik balance will not be deducted. For HDFC online recharge, your bank balance will be deducted and it takes a lot of effort to get the refund for the same case.
4) HDFC bank does not support all operators in all circles for online recharge while mobikwik.com supports all operators in all areas of India. For instance currently all Vodafone recharges are down at hdfc due to “technical reasons”.
5) Finally, HDFC bank forces a limit of only Rs 250 per mobile number or Rs 500 per day for each account holder. This prevents mobile users from availing many full talk time offers. For instance, Airtel has a full talk time offer of Rs 444 across India. In Delhi-NCR, Vodafone’s lowest full talk time recharge is at Rs 410. Mobikwik employs no such limits!
So, what do you think? Which is better – HDFC online recharge or mobikwik online recharge via HDFC Bank?
SBI Online Recharge is a big hit at mobikwik.com. Infact, SBI is the most popular payment option for mobile recharge at mobikwik.com. The reason is pretty simple – State Bank of India is the largest bank in India in terms of turnover and subscribers. A rough extrapolation puts portion of SBI as close to 25% of the overall online mobile recharge market in India.
If you are an SBI account holder, you can use one of the following options at mobikwik.com to get SBI online recharge.
1) SBI net banking account
2) SBI Maestro Debit Card
3) SBI Visa Electron Debit Card
Out of these, Online recharge via SBI Maestro card is currently the most popular option mainly because its used a lot by the students. This card is unique because it is not a VISA or Master card, rather uses an ATM PIN generated by SBI itself.